View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 07:05 PM   #64
jhoop302

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1
RIP 2012 ZL1 #1635 Pt. 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shank0668 View Post
If it is true, there really shouldn't even be any discussion... It is totally dealerships problem and you would get a new car.
Ok. Thanks for the photo help. In the meantime I had added an album. You are free to look at the photos there.

Now for more specifics:
1. The dealer refuses to give us the insurance information--not to me OR my insurance company.

Just to make myself clear, the service writer for the dealership went into the building on a Sunday when it was closed and stole the keys to my car. This was NOT a test drive--it was a joy ride. When the police came, the SOB had the nerve to tell the cop that he (the service writer) was my best friend. AND THE COP BELIEVED HIM!!! Come on, folks. This isn't a Honda Accord we are talking about. Shouldn't the cop have been a little leery of that and called me to find out???

2. I am sure I will have to get a lawyer, but that costs money that I just don't have right now.

3. I have notified Chevrolet Customer Care and got a "thanks for being a loyal customer, but we don't have any control over our franchises."

4. The insurance company finally "totaled" the car today. The original adjuster had to bring in his boss due to the nature of the situation. I didn't want to contact an attorney until I was sure they weren't going to try to fix the car.

5. I posted photos of the car on the dealer's Facebook page last night, but they took them down.

6. I don't have a Facebook page, but friends have been posting it to their pages.

7. My next step is to contact the local TV station. We live in a pretty small area, and word will get out quickly.

To all of you believers, thanks. Your support means a lot to me. I suppose I shouldn't have asked "what would you do" but maybe just let everyone know what happened. Only a true lover of his car would understand what I am going through right now. Losing the car is bad enough--being mistreated by the dealer just adds another nail in the coffin.

John