View Single Post
Old 02-08-2011, 12:42 PM   #279
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 91Z28350 View Post
I would rock the one on the left, looks like a Chevrolet S5. That to me is a good thing.
Probably because the guy that photoshoped that used an Audi as his inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by thePill View Post
I know it would cost money to develop a new car, I'm just not sure it would be just as expensive using a majority of the existing Camaro to do it. Nobody knows if it will sell because there hasn't been anything to look at, I think that an Auto show would be the best place to show a new car. I think you missed the whole point of my post, so that GM could continue to make money off the existing platform, the changes to the Zeta were done in 2009 and I would hope that GM would get a little more time out of it before they scraped it...

I was under the impression that this new car being shown at Chicago was going to be "exciting". Is a new Chevelle not exciting? A Chevelle has no heritage behind it? I'm not sure what you mean by that, so you are willing to bet that a new Zeta model, that nobody knows would be a better idea than a nameplate some recognize? or are you hoping that this will be the HP Camaro?
It would be just as expensive to introduce a new car based off the Camaro's platform as it was to do the Camaro in the first place. A lot of the cost isn't in the platform the car rides on (though this is still significant) but rather from 2-3 years of design, engineering, testing, and validation which has to happen on any car.

About the only difference between a possible Chevelle and the Camaro would styling. Performance would be about the same, and so would price. But the majority love the styling of the Camaro, which means that the Chevelle would have to appeal to the minority who don't like the Camaro (and still want to buy a Chevy). If you have something that appeals to those who like the Camaro, you're going to be stealing sales which doesn't get you anywhere. The same arguments were made against a Firebird, long before Pontiac was killed off.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote