View Single Post
Old 03-25-2012, 07:06 PM   #54
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro_RS View Post
I'm so mad right now while painting my interior parts. I have to be the worst spray painter ever....plus I have the worst conditions. All I have is a patio to work in and the wind is crazy and it blows pieces of dust and whatnot into my paint. Plus....the clear ran!!! If anyone has suggestions I'm all ears. I'm going to try and finish it today though so I can put all my pieces back in tomorrow. I hope I can get it to work out.
Not sure about taking the paint off but it might be best. A little thinner on a rag and swipe it. As far as painting, I've gotten to be pretty good! I suggest always taking your paint can and allowing it to warm up in a pan of water. Watch it closely as you just want to warm it up. Shake can when ready to paint. This warming allows for the can to put out a nice, very thin mist of paint. Also you may want to get yourself a box big enough to paint in and maybe put a white sheet over it and get under it as you paint if you have contaminants flowing like that. Sort of your own paint booth but be careful on breathing the fumes. Just something to set the items down in and you stand over it with the sheet over you and the box.