View Single Post
Old 08-22-2009, 10:48 AM   #68
camaro_eddie
Boomer Sooner

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS SIM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
I know nothing about Amsoil, never used it. I just find it odd that only Amsoil distributers seem to have problems with Royal Purple. Mazda users and racers have been using it faithfully for years with rave reviews; I've used it for years with great results; anybody I know who's used it loves it and swears by it. But somehow for some odd reason Amsoil distributers have nothing but horror stories concerning it. Strange. And they always post links about those horror stories as proof of "research" which oddly are links to other Amsoil distributer pages. Just seems kind of odd, you know?

Well...being the "living on the edge" kind of guy I am, I'll stick with Royal Purple. The only exception is in the trans and differential since they seem to be basically lifetime sealed units from the factory although I'm going to do some research there too. I know switching to RP gear oil in the trans and diff on my Mazda RX8 was an amazing difference. I'll have to look into whether that will make a difference in the Camaro trans and diff or not.
I have no problems with RP and am not knocking it at all. It is one of the better oils to use. I am just saying that based on tests and research Amsoil is better. If you would have put Amsoil in instead, when you made the switch to RP you would have seen results too and probably even better. The links I posted are straight to Amsoils site where they have the true test results not horror stories. They are comparisons, tests, and results among several leading brands of oil. Just trying to give some avenues for people to be able to do their research and come to a decision on what is best for them. I personally like Amsoil. RP is good I have used it in the past just have gotten better results with Amsoil.
camaro_eddie is offline   Reply With Quote