View Single Post
Old 09-28-2010, 06:14 PM   #12
MuttGrunt

Drives: Not Enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by goblue255 View Post
Thanks for the information. I don't know what to do in the winter now. I can't let the salt build up, I can't wash it because I don't have a driveway and it would freeze anyways, automatic car washes are too dangerous (brushes or strong solvents for touchless), and the quarter wash is too high pressure, and not enclosed so it might also freeze if I can't dry it quickly enough. How does a Michigander like myself manage keeping my car clean in the winter if it is a daily driver?

I'll give you my advice as a fellow from the wolverine state.

First off - you'll have to live with having a dirty car for the overwhelming majority of the time. No way around that. Even on nicer / warmer days, the dried up salt will be flung all over your ride.

To clean her correctly, you'll need some "Gamma lids" for your 5 gallon buckets. Fill up your 2 five gallon buckets like for a normal wash, but put the water proof gamma lids on the buckets and head to the DIY bay on a nicer day. Spray the crap out of your car using the "rinse" water. Then do your two-bucket-method wash before rinsing again. Follow with your favorite microfiber drying towel and make sure you add on a spray sealant/wax to top up your protection, and you're all good to go
MuttGrunt is offline   Reply With Quote