View Single Post
Old 12-21-2011, 09:44 PM   #55
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMZL1 View Post
Not to be an A-Hole, but what are the odds of seeing acceleration or demand greater than an SS or and LT / LS in any weather other than "fair" or better?

I plan on enjoying every minute of my ZL1 driving experience. I don't know about you but I don't thoroughly enjoy driving in the rain or snow regardless of the vehicle. IMO there is nothing wrong with driving this car only in good weather if you have the choice. That is when you have the best opportunity to use it to its full potential. I don’t ever recall anyone’s best lap time or ¼ mile being set in anything other than dry conditions.

That’s not to say if it starts raining I’m going to pull over and hide under an overpass but why drive in the rain if I can avoid it?
I'm just having some fun....

I hate having these damn summer tires when it's winter and when it's summer I don't think they're "summer enough"..

I grew up lower middle class and a lot of my friends were upper lower class (financially speaking only)... so, when they all started messing around with cars, they were used, 5 different colors and usually a fox body 'stang. There was no "not driving it in the rain/on the beach/ through the mud" concept with us.. It didn't snow where I was at, but it did hail -- that was about the only thing they'd get irritated with... We all just drove the piss out of our cars and knew that they weren't going to have good paint, dingless body or fully matching pieces... But, man, was it ever a fun time.. No worrying about the door dings, where to park, that spot of mud on the fender, those inches of rubber in the fender areas, etc. We did all our work ourselves in the backyard.. etc... etc..

It's just all stuck with me since then.. I was lucky and my stuff was newer, but not brand new... So, to fit in, I just did like they did and drove mine just as hard --- we didn't abuse the cars like slamming doors, sitting on roofs, etc... but, they certainly weren't pampered.

Man, those were the days.. Working on cars only took some wrenches, screw drivers and some ball peen motivators... instead of multiple Ph Ds in computer science and several electrical engineering degrees.

To me.. seeing a car like this sitting in a garage most its life not being enjoyed is like that one person living in a 700 sq/ft apartment with a St. Bernard..
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote