Thread: Intake Question
View Single Post
Old 01-06-2011, 02:34 PM   #8
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by John VS View Post
I just bought the Injen short ram on Monday. I looked at the Airaid because the V2 did have some good numbers in that JRE comparison testing, but the heat sink problem seems like a real problem, especially here in sunny SoCal.

In the end I wasn't prepared to pay $60 more for a product that was going to need modification prior to install, all to gain an extra 3 HP/TQ. Bottom line: It wasn't worth the hassle. If they'd made a mod to their own airbox to address the problem, I probably would have bought an Airaid.

JRE testing showed better results than even the manufacturers were claiming in some cases, so it may be that the Injen short ram would have done well in those tests too. Too bad the short ram and Roto-fab didn't make the deadline.
Some of us did the Airaid box mod and it did cool down the tube, more torquey and responsive also.I did a heat sheild also and it took the temps down with the added air holes. Of course I did it as I aready had the unit, but if I bought again I like the looks of the Roto Fab.Power on all of these is going to be about the same anyway. A note also if going Airaid make sure it seals to the hood. I raised mine up in the corner near the engine to to this, just to be sure and seems to have helped a bit. Doing this also raised the tube up off the radiator more, Might help with heat a bit.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote