View Single Post
Old 07-31-2009, 10:16 AM   #3
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
A short answer would be, with the 20s it more bar and more spring and more damping. They are monsters to control.

After almost 1,000 miles of daily driving my bone stock 2 SS gthe one thing that is bothering me more than any other is the jitter in the steering wheel over certain types of ridges in pavement. These smalll imperfections should be a non-event. They bring a shudder or jitter all the way to the steering wheel becuase the wheels and tires take so much to control. Upgrading the radius rod bushes will help. On the Xa equipped Camaros I have done this is not an issue so we know that more coil and more damping will imporve this. More coil and more damping and radius rod bush upgrades improve this.

In the rear, the rear end stepout is my biggest nit to pick. This is a fuintion of the sub-frame twisting independently of the body. Increasing coil, damper or sway bar do nothing about this and may make it worse. The only solution is to make the rear sub-frame bushes more stable and restrit the movement of the rear cradle.

I don't know how much detail you want to get into. Let me know if you were looking for more information.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote