View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 07:07 PM   #108
Toasty
Custom User Title :D

Drives: 2011 Summit White 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Awesome View Post
As I have said before, there do not seem to be any hardware limitations to access any of the standard features. Some of the less technically savvy among us seem to be buying the excuse that there's a hardware limitation preventing this app from running. Lack of memory or "channels" or something along those lines was suggested as an example of a hardware limitation (which I reject outright). I was merely saying that if anyone actually buys that line of crap from the OnStar Spin Team, then I propose a method of working around the "limitation" excuse.

We move fast here. You have to pay attention.

LOL. You're now just trying backtrack, and change the spirit of what you said.

I don't think I ever said that OnStar couldnt do what is available now via an app, but what I was saying was that the NEW feature (remote start, etc) could not be added to the 2010's, likely due to hardware limitations-which for at least one post, you agreed with.

So perhaps it might be possible to write an app that would interface and lock/unlock and locate via GPS. (though I don't recall hearing if onstar can lock your vehicle remotely in current models)

Voice your thoughts/opinions to GM, but don't expect everyone else that has a 2010 to join in on your rant. Does it suck that you have a 2010 and likely won't get an update? Yeah. Is GM obligated to fix it? NOPE. That's just the way the world works.

Truth is that none of us really know the exact reason why they said it won't work, but in MY opinion, it really kind of pointless to outright INSIST that GM and OnStar are out to screw you. It is what it is.