View Single Post
Old 09-27-2010, 10:03 AM   #512
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
Last year all the west coast people were in the same boat. They are just trying to be fair.
I have to agree -- I didn't go last year and that was my own stupidity -- I agree with the East coast people, it sucks it's so far but....
I'll fly if I have too....

although....I do love me some roadtrips!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shardik2SS View Post
I'm surprised that there were people who still expected it to be on the east coast considering it was said a while ago that it would be on the west.
I think maybe people were hoping it would be central -- so, same distance (as much as possible) for everyone on the fringes of the country...

That would have worked best for EVERYone but...hey...this is not something that's an easy event to plan -- there's a lot more going into it then any of us know so -- we (Easties ) can complain and say "oh I'd have liked to go" and all -- but I think we need to stop bitching so much and suck it up -- either fly out, drive out, or just say "too bad too far" and stop whining about it....

Dissapointed is ok (I'd like it to be closer too) - but don't take it out on the mods peeps....

Quote:
Originally Posted by organgrinder View Post
i know time off for most is the issue and maybe not the miles, but it seems to me that if it's a long trip for you it would be an opportunity to take a trip that you could turn into something you talk about the rest of your life. i have a harley that i'm always looking for some reason to put miles on it and i have a friend who was in the hospital over in daytona that i need to go see. over 2000 miles round trip. i'm not flying and missing this opportunity. i jumped on the harley and took the ride of my life! caught hwy 82 out of tusaloosa and stayed on it till i got to hwy 1... saw way more than i could ever take in. unbelievable trip! so all i'm saying is find the back roads....and make it a trip you don't think you can ever top. it was 4 wks ago and i'm still careful about sitting down....but i'd do it again....in a few more weeks. even if it's out of the way if you're coming from the east coast area hwy 82 is a great way to go.
My thoughts exactly -- I don't really WANT to put that many miles on my car -- and a 4 day drive is a LOT but.....I love driving...I love driving my car...I love my CAR....
The drive back will be exhausting but....what else am I gonna do but sit around here and work?

I'd rather be enjoying 8 days of driving freedom!!

(and BTW - this post makes me even more excited to do the drive -- so THANKS!!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cntryman77 View Post
well looks like I'm SOL...I understand the "moving the location" thing every year to accomodate everyone & I agree with it, but this just sucks. I bought my Camaro about 2 weeks before the C5fest last year & couldn't go. Looks like I'll hope for next year to be a more reasonable drive.

31 hours 18 minutes / 2042.51 miles is just too much for me. That's about $400 round trip just for gas.
Hey thanks for calculating the gas -- that helps me get an idea what I need to save

I have a bit further to go but -- a good base is a help!