View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 12:15 AM   #20
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I agree that any Z28 must be able to compete in this market. Hopefully, GM comes up with something catchy for a TTV6 that will be classic in the years to come. Someday, it might even be possible for performance cars to break free of that stigma that they are inefficient and consume too much fuel. I'm okay with being in the minority. I'd actually rather get my way when I'm not in the minority because I want thee Z28 to succeed and be a sucess in the eyes of the anxious enthusiast masses. Someday, more people will agree that a TTV6 is as viable as any V8, but they've got to get beaten by a few first.
I honestly believe that a TTV6 could go into a car like the executive edition we have heard so little about, but instead call it the Berlinetta. Yes, enthusiasts hate that nameplate ... but enthusiasts mainly buy the SS and Z28's anyway so what does our opinion matter on this? We're not the market. Anyway, start it out as a 2LT, include a few dress-up items, some additional techy stuff like HUD or possibly nav ... there's probably a market for such a car
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote