View Single Post
Old 04-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #13
adub4185

Drives: 2010 2SS RS, 2023 Camaro ZLE
Send a message via AIM to adub4185
Quote:
Originally Posted by axis View Post
What advantage does this $160 CC have over the $110 Xtreme? The Elite is smaller and doesn't have a drain on the bottom. Seems like you're paying more for less. Seeing that it was intitially made for Vettes, maybe it has the Vette tax included.

If you just like the look of it over the Xtreme, that's fine, but I don't see how it's better.
I don't know if it is any better per say, but it seems to get the job done for me just fine. I designed the bracket that holds it and I can guarantee that you won't have any of the fitment issues that is seems a lot of the RevXtreme guys have had. I love the fact that I can just unscrew the bottom and dump it out, no tubing or hoses to run. I also like the fact that I can remove the mesh filter element and I can clean it. I don't want to bag on the Xtreme product, but in my opinion the machining on the Elite can is second to none and the fit is perfect. I also know that the Elite guys are great to deal with and they will ship the cans out immediately. I think in this case you really do get what you pay for and you would be very happy with the Elite can.
adub4185 is offline   Reply With Quote