View Single Post
Old 04-25-2008, 09:50 AM   #8
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2xtrbo View Post
Like it or not, high strung turbo 4's are the future. Look at the WRX, Evo, Audis, Solstice. Then you have the GT-R which chose not to go with a V8 and look at what it did, threw down a record at the Nurburgring and 3.2 to 60.
I agree with this post regarding FI'ing small displacement engines in the future. It's my understanding the smaller the bore the better/cleaner the burn, hence lower emissions and higher efficiency. If you could cram more air and fuel into a smaller engine and get the same power, why not? I'm a big fan of V8s, and plan on getting a V8 model, however I don't think options like these in these cars would be bad at all. They do well in the cars posted above so that's something to keep in mind too.

As far as the GT-R, I'm not sure that any numbers we've gotten from Nissan are any good from the 'Ring. From the articles I've been reading and posts I've found here and there, the astounding times that that car has been claimed to have have been on an over-boosted engine (compared to the tune that's supposed to be in the production model) and also run on shaved race tires. I know I haven't read every article on the car, but the last one in one of the big rags' was still really positive in it's favor. Yeah, yeah, it's AWD, but hey, it uses it to it's fullest and who can argue that's a bad thing?

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote