View Single Post
Old 01-20-2010, 10:21 AM   #16
Corsec

Drives: 2010 2ss
Ok all you guys who put in the hurst short throw shifter you really need to mention how unbelievably fun the car is to drive afterwards! If you would have told me I would double the fun I would have called you a liar! Its like a whole new car all over again! Install went great took about two hours at a very leisurely pace so that we didn't mess anything up. We skipped the part of the instructions that said to lower the tranny, wasn't necessary. We did slide the heat shield back out of the way though, this isn't mentioned in the instructions and isn't necessary, but much more convienent. Also got the Skip shift eliminator installed. Started the project at 10:00 and were done at midnight. Took her out for a test drive and had a ball, had to take the garden hose to it at 12:30 though due to all the crap on our roads right now. Dreamed about driving it, thats how much fun it is! You have to put a short throw in your car! As far as the noise people have complained about, the Hurst definatly trasmits more sound from the tranny when you get on it. I personally like it, its not loud just there and adds to the growl of the exhaust. Also the shifting is much more positive, you know with out a doubt when she goes into gear, click, click, click 100mph shut her down. Pics attached, if they are to big let me know, I am new to the forum and don't know if you guys like smaller sizes or larger sizes on pictures. Also attached pics of the blackout on my bowtie with carbon fiber tape from O'Reilly's auto parts. Will start interior trim install tonite!

For an Idea of how short the throw is now the pics below are in 1st gear!

Bowtie

Thanks camaro5! I love all the ideas on this board! Makes it easy to make the car "mine"!

Last edited by Corsec; 01-20-2010 at 11:16 AM.
Corsec is offline   Reply With Quote