View Single Post
Old 04-05-2013, 08:43 PM   #103
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
I was looking at carbon rotor/calipers/pads from a corvette, not the ctsv calipers that I have now. I know there will be other upgrades as well like brake ducting but thats not needed to make these work. The questions I've been trying to get answered are if its a unique hub to get the right caliper/rotor offset, unique caliper, and/or unique aluminum hat on the rotor to get the right offset. I would think they'd try to share as many corvette parts as possible to keep prices down but you never know on a car like this. Eventually I will have these brakes and aint no way I'm paying $10k

I got my complete 6 piston conversion for 1425 that people are paying a vendor on here 2400 for and call it a great deal. People are just scared to piece anything together and do their homework to get some part numbers. I'm sure if you buy a kit from a GM dealer you'll pay a price like $10k, doesn't mean I will as thats not how I'm getting the parts.
Well that's the $64,000 question (perhaps literally in this case) as to whether this system is unique to the Z or cobbled together from the parts bin. With Stielow you can be sure he's putting together the system he knows will be needed on the track for homologation in racing classes. I doubt he'd be rummaging through the parts bin for "good enough". But then again it depends on how much freedom he had with this car; it sounds like he had a lot.

As you pointed out the offsets and mounting had to be extremely precise in order to fit 11" wide wheels in the front. I may be wrong but based on what I saw in photographs I'm betting this system is specific to the Z.

So what did you put together for $1,425? Care to share?

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote