Thread: Dealer Rip Off!
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #2
tooslow
Banned

Drives: 4 Wheels, Gasoline Engine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Jgunn65 View Post
My 2011 SS stayed parked in my garage for 5 days because I had surgery done to my knee. Unfortunately the battery died so my neighbor gave me a jump. Long story short, car started but went into Anti-Theft mode and gauges would not respond. About an hour later, gauges were normal but Onstar and my aftermarket (Pioneer) would not work. Knowing these two are electronically intergrated along with Anti-Theft unit may have to be reset by computer at the dealer. I go to MILTON REUBEN Chevrolet in Augusta Georgia where I bought the car new. One hour later, the Service Manager and the Technician told me that the radio wiring was the fault and had to be put back to factory specs. Like I a supposed to believe this!!!! So I took a shot in the dark and asked this ASI trained techician did he disconnect the positive battery for 10 minuetes the reconnect it? He comes back and tells me everything is fixed, Then these bastards charge me $110.00. Where ever this idiot got his training he should get his money back. If i'm gonna get screwed at least kiss me first!
If your battery went down after only five days, you have an electrical issue. I've kept my car in the garage for months and it's always fired right up. Likely the drain is related to your aftermarket electronics.
tooslow is offline   Reply With Quote