View Single Post
Old 07-23-2008, 12:29 PM   #5
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
I should probably explain my stance since I may be responsible for marginalizing the Z28 crowd.

I am not anti-Z28. I am pro-performance, and I want GM to deliver a high-performance Camaro.

My stance with regard to previous speculation regarding the Z28 was simple. Without reliable evidence, I didn't feel it was safe to encourage speculation or expectations about a car that may not make production in the near future. I was rooting for a 550-hp Camaro just like everyone on here, and I still expect one. I just wasn't going to add to the speculation because I thought that it would lead to disappointment.

Disappointment is dangerous. If we don't get what we want, we start looking elsewhere. My posts were not designed to get rid of those who didn't like what was already there. I was only rationalizing the idea that a top SS isn't such a bad thing. It isn't what we expected as a community, but it's what we have for now. What's great about cars is that what happens for now is not forever. My Camaro RS SS isn't going to be so hot at the track in 40 years when some kid's Camaro RS pummels me with a faster, newer machine. In 40 years, I'm sure people will look back at the Camaro RS SS of 2010 with pride just like you Z28 guys look at previous Z28s.

For those of us who seek nameless performance and power, the Camaro V8 is for us, but so is the GT500. The heritage is there for the SS, too, but the Z28 is Camaro-specific, and we want to be different than Monte Carlo and Cobalt owners. Our car culture is different, so we should be recognized by GM with a different performance car. I believe in the Z28 as a different kind of performance. Hopefully, GM will bring it back in the future.
Thank you for the reply,

Again, I'd like to reinforce that we are at least a year, maybe more, behind those who don't want a Z28. We are no more at risk for disappointment then all of us were a year ago when we knew very little about the Camaro. That's why this site is here. So we can speculate and hope for what might someday be. Just like, over the last year, all of us hoped the 5th gen might someday be. If they kill the Z28, I will gladly get the SS. But, I will keep the faith until they do.

GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote