View Single Post
Old 05-04-2009, 06:36 AM   #9
codeman71
GM Employee

Drives: 2006 Pontiac G6
Quote:
Originally Posted by catdaddy View Post
Like most of you, I am waiting impatiently for my Camaro to come in. In the mean time, I am thinking of all the things I want to get for it. The first thing I am gonna get is either a USB stick or an MP3 player to dedicate to the car. I know the radio can control both, and I know if will recognize the ID3 tag on the file but I wondering if it will recognize playlists on an MP3 player and allow you to play them or will it just dump all your songs into on list.

If it will, I will buy a small MP3 player and use that, otherwise I can get a USB stick for much cheaper.

I tried searching the threads for an answer to this question but couldn't find one. Sorry if I missed it.

Thanks.
I personally think a USB drive is definitely the way to go. You can still do playlists even on a USB drive, so you don't need an MP3 player. The one thing that you might want to consider is the amount of music you have. As has been stated elsewhere, the Camaro can only index 10,000 songs (due to memory limitations). You should still be able to browse all of your music using the 'Folder View' option in the menu, but it won't be indexed by Artist, Album, etc. If you do have a lot of music and need it indexed, you should get an iPod. The iPod does the indexing and stores the index on its hard drive (or flash memory), so there are no song index limits with an iPod.

Check out my videos on YouTube here. Let me know if you'd like to see any other type of video.
codeman71 is offline   Reply With Quote