View Single Post
Old 11-04-2011, 04:15 PM   #1
UT-Engineer
Just Cruisin'

Drives: 2010 Synergy Camaro
Progressive Insurance - Save you money tip!

I was speaking to my insurance agent and he said we could try the "snap shot" discount that progressive offers. I’m sure most are familiar if you've seen the commercial but for those too busy driving your Camaro, it's a device mounted under the steering wheel plugged into the computers somehow that monitors miles driven, time of day driving, acceleration, etc. You can get up to 30% knocked off your premium after 60 days of using it if the device monitors safe driving habits. Because I drive the camaro like i stole it, i figured it would be best to get this for my fiancé’s Honda Accord (were on the same policy).

The main reason im posting this is he stated, even if the car is not used for those 60 days you technically should receive the full 30% off your bill since you were practicing safe driving habits (i.e. not driving). For those parking their car in storage for the winter months this should be a great way for you to lower your insurance premium w/o even doing a thing. Assuming you have Progressive that is. I thought I'd share the info not to help out progressive but rather help ppl save some money for mods You can get the device for as many vehicles on your policy and get up to 30% off for each vehicle on that policy. Here’s to lower insurance rates

UT-Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote