Thread: Wheels/Tires
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2013, 08:35 AM   #3
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
I went with the Factory Reproductions polished aluminum ZL1 replicas, 20x9 all around. Traction is important, but not really high on my list so I didn't need the widest option available. That said, you can run a 305 on a 9" rim, but for me I plan to run the stock 275s at all corners. For now I still have the stock tires, 275 rear and 245 front.

The 20x9s offer the biggest weight loss compared to the stock 20" wheels I had...although compared to your LT wheels there may not be much of a weight difference, but at least you won't be adding weight.

Also, the 20x9s have a nice aggressive offset which push the rims outward making for a nice looking setup compared to stock. I did the calculations, and the 20x10s in the rear only stuck out maybe a 1/4" or less further than the 9" wide rims...most of the additional width is inward, not outward.

Last but not least with the 9" all around and 275s you can rotate the tires if need be.

So thats my reasons for going with what I did. Of course if you want the 10" or even 11" in the back go for it, but in reality a 9" wide rim can accomidate tires that will provide more than enough traction for the V6.