View Single Post
Old 05-31-2011, 01:11 AM   #47
FL1CK
Switchin' n Twitchin'

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Push button start = easier to steal... don't get me wrong, I know they require the fob to be in a certain distance or even inside the car, but the wires are right next to the wheel, quick cut and the car is GONE! My LEO neighbor asked if I had that and I said no, he was relieved as they get calls about the push button cars all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XclusivEric View Post
For all those that are hating on Push buttons.... Just want to share a little information.

Race cars are mostly push button starts. There is just something when you get behind the wheel of that car that makes you want to push in a clutch, push a button, mash that shifter in 1st, romp on the gas pedal, dump the clutch and go! For those of you who still want to fiddle faddle around with your massive amounts of keys (that actually also do damage to your ignition switch as the 5 pound wieghts dangle from you steering column over a period of time), stay in the right lane please as you are most likely going to get passed. You might as well carry that hand crank with you as you still live in the dark ages and are afraid of change. A push start is not problematic. The problem lies in the user who must feel the need to carry around a ton of keys they most of which they never use. Honestly I had 3 keys on my key fob. The key to my Camaro, the key to my Harley and my house key. On a separate keychain I carry the rest of my keys to the rest of my junk. Once you get yourself into a routine it really becomes quite natural. Yet then again, routines are also hard to break.
FL1CK is offline   Reply With Quote