View Single Post
Old 05-23-2012, 10:07 PM   #1868
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by 72MachOne99GT View Post
25 laps in EITHER of these cars is going to be embarrassing for both cars by the end.

Well, perhaps not embarrassing, but certainly unimpressive.

Despite all the marketing they've both attempted, neither is a 'true' track car. Sure they can be taken out and thrashed around a few laps here and there, and certainly have the ability to post great times, but it's not likely they'll be able to do it for an extended period of time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHemiSrt View Post
Oh great now if/when the Shelby beats it around a road course its not gonna count cause it wasnt 25 laps. I'll remember that if the ZL1 beats the Shelby. Doesnt matter it was only one lap and if they would have raced for 25 the ZL1's brakes would have failed before the Shelby's therefore the Shelby is the real winner in the real world...

Ive officially heard it all...
You missed the whole point, but that shouldn't surprise anyone. I'm talking about a race run at more than 1/4 mile at a time. I said the Shelby is faster, but for how long ? In reality there is no way of knowing which one would win after 25 laps, and bench racing wouldn't give you an honest answer.