View Single Post
Old 03-28-2013, 05:36 PM   #229
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
That's not why the price will be high. Are they removing a few things? Yes but it's peanuts in terms of cost savings. The real cost is in the brakes, engine, rear-end, wheels and tires. It costs money to design, build, acquire and test this stuff.

Please stop thinking this is a stripped down car. The car is going to be expensive and rightfully so.
Ok I understand the parts involved cost money. But my point is the very ppl that asked for this are the ones who won't get a chance to get one. Many of these cars will be purely collectors items. Dust collectors if you will, kind of like the COPO. I wanted a stripped down ls7 camaro. But not at the cost of a Vette. Not that I can't afford one, just that it's not the highest priority on my list to dump 60000+ on a car. And yes I understand not many at all actually go to a track. It's expensive to race, I get that. It's cheap to build a race car though no? Maybe not using the highest quality parts but still affordable. Just not factory warrantied. And as for CAFE, I understand the gov stepped in. I don't know the consequences of not following them if car companies united though. It stand the same if ppl united. If they had the government couldn't do much about anything. That's the problem. No unity. I think the car is an amazing build without a doubt, just a disappointment at the price they're going to ask. That's all.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is offline   Reply With Quote