View Single Post
Old 08-30-2013, 07:41 PM   #13
yzark99
I run 2 catch cans...

Drives: 2012 1LT SIM Auto
BA G3 12" Subwoofer: I have always wanted a subwoofer in my previous cars, but I never had the money. I did a bunch of research, and narrowed it down to BA G3 and some boutique brand. I decided to go with BA for several reasons. One was that they use fuses on the inputs to prevent blown coils. Two was that the higher models had replaceable cones; so you can switch from 2 Ohms to 4 Ohms easily. A third intriguing design is what they call Q-tune: which is basically a way to achieve better bass than a ported box with a sealed one. It is like a teeter-totter where as the bass roll-off is raised, the upper frequencies are lowered. Since this is a sub, I don't care about upper frequency drop-off. This only works with their amps; which seems a bit convenient.

I found the BA G3 on sale at Crutchfield for $114, with an included box. Most aftermarket boxes cost around $60 to ship, so free was fine with me. I had to beef up the box, but it was still cheaper than ordering a new one. I added top handles, beefy binding posts, and multiple layers of specialty foam inside. I also went direct to BA, and ordered a second cone assembly for future options. The replacement cone cost me more than the entire package from Crutchfield!
Attached Images

yzark99 is offline   Reply With Quote