Thread: Rwhp vs. bhp
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 04:29 PM   #16
meissen
Founder - Michigan FBody

Drives: 1994 Camaro LT1, 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tayap79 View Post
I'm assuming you have the V6? The engine would make 323 on a dyno, so technically, yes it does make that much. Does that much HP make it to the road? No.

For instance my 2SS A6....rated at 400 HP, I'm only seeing proably around 320ish to the ground. Automatic transmissions have a bigger loss than the manuals do.

All this is easily displaced with a few bolt ons though!
Just to correct the slightly false information here -- The engine may put out 323 on an ENGINE dyno which is just measuring horsepower at the crank (I'm assuming engine dynos are only measuring crank horsepower). But it will NOT measure 323 on the regular dynos that everyone uses where you drive onto it and then the operator "drives" the car while the rear wheels spin two drums and then horsepower is calculated. That type of wheel dyno will get you the rear wheel horsepower which will be lower than 323.

My 2012 LFX with only a Cold Air Inductions cold air intake put down 270rwhp and (at least for now) is the "highest horsepower LFX" on the site.

"Gone But Not Forgotten"
2016 Camaro 1LT A8 - "Elmo"
2014 Camaro 1LT M6 - "Cherry Bomb"
2012 Camaro 1LS M6 - "Clifford"

Michigan FBody Association
http://www.mifbody.com/
meissen is offline   Reply With Quote