View Single Post
Old 02-28-2011, 11:48 AM   #1
Nvincent4708

Drives: N/A
Stock LS3 With HPTuners

So a few weeks ago, I posted a thread about doing a tune to my MOSTLY stock LS3 car with HPTuners.

I purchased HPTuners and got it all set up, downloaded the stock tune and played with it some.

From there I got help from Phil at TampaTuning (He knows his stuff).

Many said it wasn't worth it to tune a stock car. But here is why I chose to.

The annoying CAGS indicator on the dash even when i have the SLP Skip Shift Eliminator. No more prompt now.

My fans would turn on after 205 degrees... In the summer I noticed the car get to 214 at some points. These are now adjusted to turn on properly, I haven't seen the car get above 195 sitting still or driving... Pefect.

Those were some of the small tasks I wanted done.

Phil went above and beyond and did the tuning of the engine which helped a few other points. He adjusted traction control which greatly helped the small amounts of tire spin that happen here and there. Also he adjusted my spark and MAF tables, the car launches PERFECT now and also pulls at RPM's better than before. (I compared by driving the stock tune for a while, then putting in the aftermarket tune).

I'm sure it'll help me out in the 1/4. Which i'll find out at Cecil Dragway on March 25th when i'm better healed from the broken ankle.

If you have any questions for me.. post away.
Nvincent4708 is offline   Reply With Quote