View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
Est.July.4.1776
The pride of the CN

Drives: '13 AGM 2SS/RS M6 & '70 Chevelle SS

The modern day car guy evolves, and his tools evolve... the iPad is an invaluable tool these days...

Sure looks nice next to big brother...

Front clip removed...

Heritage grille inserted (bowtie removed before installation... I dig it much more without it)

Installed the Apex Scoop / Washer Fluid Relocation Kit... oh, and the Skip Shift Eliminator, but didn't bother to take any pictures of that...

I had read something on here about someone noticing a slight rub against the fender liner when turning... I noticed a similar problem and did a little looking to see what was causing it... it turns out the washer bottle corner and the washer to this bolt were protruding just enough to cause a bulge in the liner... I hit it quick with the dremel to grind it down and problem solved...

I got to this point, and had just finished bolting everything back together... I was quite satisfied with the results... when the FedEx guy showed up with my Street Scene billet lower grille and Stillen Ducts.
So, after talking to him about the car for a few minutes, I got back to taking it all apart again...

The wife was off on a business trip, so I went inside for a glass of tea and created a new coffee table ornament... I sent her a pic and she wasn't amused... but it allowed me some relief from the afternoon sun that was now beating down, and a pretty decent place to get the grille and ducts installed... the ducts looked like crap, so a few days later I went and got a roll of 3M tape from the local Advance Auto Parts... removed the ducts, then moved the tape further back and tried again, which yielded MUCH better results... I had to modify the apex scoop to accept the ducts, but I much prefer the more aggressive look of the ducts, and the way the billet lower grille matches the Heritage grille.

Then came the super easy installation of my Elite Engineering catch can...

I did the carbon fiber vinyl bowtie insert... looks way better without that gold...

Last night I noticed the 'cool factor' of a clear bottle in the LED cupholders.

Class 1 Freight Rail Conductor - Master Mason - NRA Life Member - Tennessee Squire - Firefighter I & II Certified

My other ride has 4,400+hp and corners like it's on rails... because it is.
Est.July.4.1776 is offline   Reply With Quote