View Single Post
Old 07-24-2014, 09:26 PM   #16
Joe21

Drives: 2006 silverado, 2013 camaro
Passenger Airbag Sensor Issue

Hello all,
I am a previous Gen 5 owner(2012 LS, 1st owner) and soon to be Gen 5 owner(fiancee has a 2013 LS, 1st owner).

This is a long story so I do apologize. Let's start with my 2012 camaro. Shortly after buying it, we discovered that my 5'8" 125-130 lbs lady, would not turn on the airbag light. I figured I was the only one with these issues, so I did not bother to google it. After getting the run around at two different dealerships, with multiple trips, all I had was a reflashed SDM and a new seat sensor. Needless to say, my problem was not fixed. I was fed-up to say the least. So after contacting a lawyer, we began the Arizona Lemon Law process. I won the suit and GM bought the car back for the entire amount purchased, minus a small amount for the 18,000 miles I put on the car.

Here is the kicker, I just found out thru Carfax that GM resold the car. If they fixed something, I am unsure. I have my reservations on that one.

So now here we are again. I do not often drive my Fiancee's car with her in the passenger seat, but this weekend, I did. Can anyone guess what did or did not happen? If you guessed the airbag light did not come on, you are correct.

Now what do we need to do to get GM to change the parameters on this seat sensor? I do not think we need another recall. I am sure a simple parameter change to the seat sensor will do the trick. After reading some posts, I am certain that my Fiancee is not the only woman in the world to ride in a Camaro and weigh 125-130 lbs.
Joe21 is offline   Reply With Quote