View Single Post
Old 11-30-2011, 02:15 PM   #7137
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I feel that's what separates the men from the boys though. I don't see a problem in wanting the latest and greatest products as long as you don't complain to hell and back when something better debuts. Take my mom's Malibu for example. Easily one of the most perfect examples of Old GM mediocrity. It's fuel efficient, it runs well, but it's not very exciting. It has a "good enough" interior and a "good enough" exterior. When GM was showcasing the Malibu nameplate through the years, even they couldn't come up with something good to say about the '04-'07 model.

That being said, I don't feel like I need to complain about the vastly improved '08-'12 Malibu or the stunning '13 Malibu just because we own an older model. That's just business, that's progress, there's always going to be something newer and something better, especially in this industry. The reactions on this site are going to be very amusing to watch once the 6th gen debuts, especially now that GM has a workable RWD sports coupe platform to build a Camaro off of, rather than trying to figure out how to make a full size RWD sedan platform into a coupe.

I think it all goes back to how a good chunk of the current crop of 5th gen Camaro owners are completely and utterly full of themselves, as if they own some high-dollar exotic sports car, whining about how they see two or three other Camaros on the road every day now and how GM should listen to everything they say because they were "early adopters" or some BS like that.
I approve of this message.