View Single Post
Old 01-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #1
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
It was a fun 5 months, but I got rid of the Camaro already

hey all - I got rid of my Camaro already. I think this is the shortest time frame I've ever owned and let go of a car. I wish I could have kept it as a weekend cruiser/drag car, but I'm not really in a position to own multiple cars . for now, I'd rather just have a new single car that handles all aspects of driving.

my first car was a 68 Camaro, naturally when the new Camaro concept came out, I fell in love and wanted it. I feel like I had a dream that finally got fulfilled, and then the car was not what I wanted out of it. My only problem with the car was that it didn't inspire confidence, due to size and visibility. it became a pretty big issue with how tight parking is at work and at home. I kind of adjusted to it, but I was always uneasy about it, and sometimes I'd have to park between two cars and practically climb out the window, then I had to worry about door dings all day :[. I needed something smaller, with better visibility.

I traded in for something still fun, not as powerful, but a little more practical. I like having AWD here in the pacific north west. it's 15 inches narrower in overall width, which helps me tremendously. it's a 2011 Subaru WRX - my first manual trans car. I can see why the manual enthusiasts wouldn't have it any other way, it's a lot more engaging and fun to drive.

here's a few pictures, I imagine it won't be everyone's cup of tea here, but my choices were pretty limited for the criteria I set on my new car.
Attached Images

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote