View Single Post
Old 01-15-2010, 06:05 PM   #10
carguy
Carguy

Drives: 57Chevy,67,80,2@10's camaro's,04SSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corsec View Post
Hello all,
First off, thanks for all the things I have learned lurking on the forum! I picked up my 2ss/rs on 09/08/09 and I have loved every minute of it! Sure, GM missed a couple of things but overall this car is everything I hoped it would be! Can't believe the attention it still gets! Rarely does it get driven that I don't end up talking to somebody about it. Lots of fun!

The car is stock right now, but lots of stuff in the works. Found out on the forum yesterday that interior trim kits are now available, called my dealer he didn't believe me ( i have been pestering him ever since I bought the car ) so he looked it up, again, and there they were! So interior is on its way. I was feeling lucky so I told him to look up the other thing I wanted. I really like the ground FX rear diffuser but didn't want the whole fx package. Sure enough I could now order the diffuser by itself! This leads to first question. I was told the exhaust has to be cut to install the diffuser, since they are cutting on it anyway I thought now would be a good time to install a different exhaust, this car should sound like a muscle car!

1. Any input as to which availble exhaust systems sound the best?

I want that low grumble when she starts up! I will also be supercharging so performance from the exhaust obviously comes into play.

2. I have been reading tons of threads about supercharging, but if someone has a setup they just love I would really appreciate hearing about! I want a good hp upgrade, but don't want to get into internal mods or changing the hood right now.

3. I want to order up new springs to lower it a bit and sway bars. Anybody have experience with a setup that they love?

4. All right opinion time, Hurst or MTI shifter?

I have been having a lot of problems with 2nd to 3rd. It is possible to get a smooth shift but you absolutely have to palm the shifter up to center and take almost all pressure off it to let it center exactly and the go into 3rd, this will give good result about 80% of the time, still get the occasional grind. Clutch all the way to floor and definately not the sync I am feeling/hearing. After reading on here i took it into the dealer today and they are changing the oil (2nd oil change, I have 4008 miles on it) and they are changing the diff and trans fluids. Told the shop to take a look at the shifter linkages and to be sure and inspect fluids for metal. Any other things to look into?

Also had the clutch hang up on me when taking off the other day, was switching from 1st to 2nd at about 4.5K and the clutch froze half way up. I got off the gas instantly tried to push clutch back down, wouldn't go, slid foot under it and was able to pop it up. Burn't clutch smells wonderful huh? Clutch has acted normal ever since, but I asked them to investigate. Any thoughts? This happen to anyone else?

While its in the shop I also asked them to reprogram the USB interface to see if it will clear up the problems I have been having trying to use ipods, pretty glitchy system, but cool when it works.

That should pretty much sum it all up. I love the car and I can't believe how much fun it is to drive! Thanks for any input and keep the posts coming, so much to learn!

Here is what I have on My two...

Check it out any questions let me know....

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/album.php?albumid=2061
carguy is offline   Reply With Quote