View Single Post
Old 05-03-2011, 09:16 AM   #34
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by calbert1999 View Post
Who gives a rats ass? Most of us have purchased the 2010 model, and I"m not going to trade in my SS for a ZL(n), a Z28 or an Iroc.
I rather like the SS, it comes with the basic engine which is capable of producing well over 700hp., and there are numerous aftermarket upgrades for every single aspect of the vehicle, so you can customize the handling of the vehicle for whatever driving conditions you need. What else do you want? The ZL1 and / or any other version of a Z28 or Iroc, will still require aftermarket upgrades, as I doubt very much they'll be perfect, as the Mustangs aren't perfect either and could use quite a bit of upgrades to achive certain perfomance levels and handling.
With the mods I've done and many other Camaro owners on C5, we're already 302 Boss, and GT500 Mustang killers, so no need to wait for newer models.
A perfect example of this is a Z06 vs a ZR1 Corvette, you can purchase a Z06, add a ProCharger or Vortech Supercharger, and a few other minor mods, and smoke the ZR1 day-in and day-out on the track. So, just because GM decides to throw on an SC and some boring suspension upgrades doesn't make it a better performing or faster vehicle. The same applies for the Camaro.
So by you logic car companies should never make a new car again since we can do all the upgrading, but wait can't I just upgrade a "Z28" or ZL1 and smoke your moded SS?