View Single Post
Old 06-09-2011, 10:03 PM   #5
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
TangerineDream: I don't do much driving on interstate so I'm not the best of judges on this. In highway driving I don't notice any drone. The little I have driven on the interstate I did notice a little drone but it was not at a level that was bothersome to me. I have seen threads talking about a trunk liner for sound barrier. I don't know how good they are, but as little drone as I noticed I would guess if it bothered you something like that would take care of it. I wish Chase & Paul would have videoed me really getting on it in Ruby. That is when she really sounds great!

MIT'13: Ruby lost about 30lbs! & mine is just axle back. The guy that installed them placed the old mufflers/pipes in the same box the new ones came in. When My husband went to pick it up to put it in his Yukon he was blown away at how heavy those old parts were. I have not dynoed Ruby yet (though our club may plan a dyno day soon) but by the seat of my pants, it sure feels great on power increase & responsiveness. The CAI inc. intake & Borla exhaust make a great team. I had a chance to drive Ruby between getting the exhaust installed for a few weeks before adding the CAI. Each added to the nice sound & at least percieved power & responsiveness. Then driving the car since then it just keeps getting better & better. Chase says there is some kind of "gunk" manufacturers put in the mufflers that burns off in time & people say it feels like the car "just woke up". I really did feel that effect after several weeks.