View Single Post
Old 08-21-2008, 08:25 AM   #12
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
I am doing the exact same thing you are, but for totally different reasons. Since I was a kid I have always wanted a corvette, but never thought that i could afford one. Then I Grew up and realized that I live in America....I Love this country. For me a Corvette is something that i was told that I would never get until I retire at 50. But now I see that a used vette is always within reason. WITH ONLY 5000 MILES ON IT! So I started saving money. At that time My brother let me drive his 86' IROC for a few years while he lived in the city, Between me and my brother driving it for 8 years in this town nobody wanted to race it down at the track, If you get my meaning! Now I love camaros......See my dilemma.. Hence my user Name!

Twisties

For your purposes, I would go with the vette. You seem to love the twisties and the vette should do that well, especially since you have no practicality issues whatsoever. BUT...and this is a huge BUT...The new camaro looks BADASS!!!!!!! And i am not good about knowing how well a car handles, because i am all about the straight line, but from what i have read on this website the car should handle exceptionally well.

Interior

I have never thought the corvette had a bad interior, It has a good ,clean, fit finish. But you seem to come from a ...UMMMM...Import family.... on that note I would definitly go with the camaro with an RS/SS package. The interior in that is going to be Sick! Don't believe me then look up camaro interior lighting video on youtube or this link.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...bient+lighting

You have a tough decision ahead of you my freind, good luck.