View Single Post
Old 02-16-2013, 01:21 PM   #6
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I don't think it would qualify for lemon law because it does not take the car out of service. Just as if your radio were to keep tearing up. Not covered under lemon laws.
Under Arizona law on something that does not remove the car from service and it is covered under warranty the manufacturer is only required to repair that item under warranty as long as it takes to do it. But the problem has to happen in 2 years or 24,000 miles.

Lemon Laws are State Specific, In CA it surely would be covered, the general law here simply law requires that if the manufacturer or its representative in this state, such as an authorized dealer, is unable to service or repair a new motor vehicle to meet the terms of an express written warranty after a reasonable number of repair attempts, the manufacturer is required promptly to replace the vehicle or return the purchase price to the lessee or buyer. The purchase price that must be returned includes the price paid for manufacturer-installed items and transportation but does not include the price paid for nonmanufacturer items installed by the dealer. The lessee or buyer is completely free to choose whether to accept a replacement or a refund. Whatever the choice, the manufacturer is also responsible to pay for sales or use tax; license, registration, and other official fees; and incidental damages that the lessee or buyer may have incurred such as finance charges, repair, towing, and rental car costs.

---

and OP I had a similar issue with my 2010 Avalanche..

what you need to do is call OnStar (you can use a land line, but better from the car if possible) and then have them bump you to a Level 2 or Level 3 Tech support for the issue, that Tech can then open a case with OnStar and your Dealer, which will in turn open the case with GM.

I took a bit of doing, but after the 3rd failure in about 6 weeks of my OnStar they replaced the whole thing, Antenna, Module, Mirror, Radio several other related parts.

I was compensated with 2 years free OnStar Directions and Connections and 2 Years Free XM, plus the rental car override (normally only allowed 7 days) as they had my truck for over 3 weeks,

I realize it isn't a great compensation for the down time, but I did not have any further issues for the following 2 years then I traded the truck in for the Camaro