View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 02:23 PM   #1
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Back to business...

Well, after much inactivity I'm back and freak'n happy to be here. After many sleepless nights and endless day dreams I saw the Camaro in person @ the '08 L.A. Autoshow in the flesh and man was the experience OTW!!! I took my time getting around from stand to stand being that there were many cars I've been looking at in pictures online and elsewhere but for the first time I was able to see yesterday at the show.

Walking over to the Chevy stand I could feel the lure of the 5thgen drawing me closer and closer, then BAM!!!! There she was, and her sister look'n damn good!!! I couldn't believe my eyes, and just before then I was over looking @ the 370z, which is an attractive car with credible history and performance numbers to back it up, but it didn't come anywhere as close to the emotional appeal of the Camaro (though I still like the car quite a bit - the Z).

The SS was quite nice, but doesn't even come close to the Black for visual appeal with the upgraded aesthetic pieces, and its hard to believe you'll be able to equip your personal car almost to a "T". I really couldn't give a damn what was under the hood, the car was just ridiculous to look at. Aside from that the car didn't have a whole lot of visual volume in the sense that it was too big as many have questioned before, it looks bo be roughly slightly larger than the 4thgen, but where it really strokes your emotions is in the details and proportioning. Later on in the show I stopped over @ Ford and peaked at the Stang, which I blasphemously spoke of favorably upon the first pics leaking out a few days ago here on the "other cars" forum. Where the Mustang looked thrown together the Camaro looks like the designers poured over all the details to make sure that when you looked at the 5thgen it didn't just reach into your eyes, it reaches into your soul. Ed Welburn and company deserve awards for the design revolution they've started at GM, from the CTS to the Camaro the cars have been visual hits. I couldn't be more proud to have the opportunity to own any other car.