View Single Post
Old 09-24-2010, 11:29 AM   #8
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluestreak 2010 View Post
I can't argue with your point about being made specifically for the grille and not being plastic, but if I am looking at the right ones on the website I would rather keep the stock bowtie. Of course, that is just my personal opinion and I may not be looking at the ones you are talking about.

As far as the spacer goes, it looks like a much more secure option than the clips that I and quite a few others have been using to mount the bowtie to the heritage grille. I posted this to make those people aware that it was now an option if they were concerned about their emblems falling off.
The bowties on the website are the same one's that go on the heritage grill. The difference is on the back of the bowtie, the mounting system is different.

They are Billet aluminum, either polished or black powder coated. You can custom paint them if you wanted to or find a powder coater that will custom color them for you. Not everyone likes the factory bowtie, that is why these are available.

Over time the gold will start to bubble and come out of the center cap and the silver will start to flake off of the factory bowtie (happened on 2 of my previous cars). That is one of the down sides to living in the desert. High heat breaks the glue down and the sand tears the cheap plastic parts up. The Billet is much more durable. That is why I replaced my bowties. That and I wanted to be different.

My only issue with the spacer is that it looks like it is as thick as the factory bowtie. I could be wrong, but I think that would take away from the clean look that the Heritage grill provides.

If you were sticking with the factory bowtie, the spacer looks like a much better option than the clips or zip ties. But, if you want a billet bowtie, I would rather get one that was made specifically to fit the heritage grill rather than one with clips that break, requires zip ties, or will require the use of the spacer.