View Single Post
Old 07-10-2013, 11:39 AM   #6
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicadepueblo View Post
Hello Everyone,
So today I was told by the service manager at my local chevy dealership that my car was going to need a brake job within the next 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Now with that said I now have questions before I make a decision concerning what to do. First a little background info for my car. I am the second owner and currently the car has 36,204 miles on it. I think the car has the original brake rotors and pads. I do drive fast but have not dragged/ raced the car and done any hard braking. So here are my questions.

1. If these are the original rotors is it better to replace them or can they be re-surfaced and reused?

You should be able to resurface them once, but new rotors are not a bad idea.

2. What brake pads should I go with aftermarket or OEM? Again I do not race the car yet. lol

OEM pads are actually fairly decent, they just dust a lot. You Can get better stopping power and less dust with Hawk HPS pads and they tend to cost less. You could even go with the Hawk Performance Ceramic pads and eliminate brake dust almost entirely.

3. If I have to replace the rotors which rotors should I get. The drilled/slotted rotors are awesome but I'm trying to keep the costs as low as possible. (I'm a school teacher and I'm trying to get ready for the start of the school year. So that unfortunately is also taking some of my cash flow away!)

We have the Granatelli Slotted and dimpled rotors on for a fair price, and I can cut you a great deal with the pads.

4. How much do you think brake pads, new rotors, and labor would cost me?

Feel free to PM me for a price on rotors and pads. Labor should only be about $100 or so. Or find a local Camaro enthusiast and it will only cost ya a 12 pack

If anyone could give me some advice I would greatly appreciate it.

All the best,
Roberta
I posted my responses above in green. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote