View Single Post
Old 06-02-2012, 06:01 PM   #14
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
I've been using Optimum's car wash for about two months now and wanted to post some thoughts about it. It's the only soap I've used that can stand up against Adam's Car Shampoo, and I've tried A LOT. I'm gonna do sort of a shoot-out between the two here, maybe help people make up their minds.

Value- Optimum
You get 32 oz for $12 whereas 36oz would cost you $20 for Adam's. Gallons are cheaper as well. You can also get away with using less of the Optimum, so that's more uses per bottle as well.

Suds- Optimum by a nose
These soaps behave very, very similarly. Optimum foams just a tad more, but who cares? They both get you tons of suds.

Lubricity- Adam's
Adam's feels a bit slipperier as you glide your pad across the paint. It instills more confidence that you're not grabbing and dragging, causing marring. Optimum is still very good, but it doesn't take this category.

Cleaning Power- Tie
Both of these seem to leave a flawless finish in terms of removing grime from the paint and wheels. They both seem to remove the same amount of dried bug guts (~90%) without any need for hard scrubbing.

Finish- Adam's
I'm not a chemist, so I don't know how to describe this all that well in terms of why it occurs, but Adam's seems to leave a slicker finish than does Optimum. When you're towel drying, the towel seems to not glide as easily after washing with Optimum as it does with Adam's. I'm guessing Adam's has more shine additives in it that are left behind, whereas Optimum is probably more of a pure soap. Keep in mind that the level of protection on the car in terms of sealants was as consistent as I could keep it throughout the comparison months, so I don't think that was causing the differences.

Overall- Tie.
Do you like to smell grapes or cherries when you wash your car? These are both excellent, you can't go wrong with either.
Nice, thanks for the review! I go through Adam's Car Shampoo like crazy . . . I wish the shipping didn't kill me every time.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote