Thread: G-teched my Z
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2006, 11:39 AM   #2
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
Ok last night I G-teched my Z. and just so you know tag I went out to the middle of no where so I didn't have the slightest chance of running into anyone (ie cops. lol).

Well the first pass when I put her in second she kept her rpms up around 5k but didn't go anywhere fast. the launch on that first pass was probably the best I've ever had. virtually no tire spin. well if it hadn't been for the third doing what it did I'd say I would have been down in the low 13's.

My second pass I launched it a little bit harder spun the tires for a good bit. no other problems but I ended up doing a 13.84 at 108 mph. if my dad hadn't been in the car and I have practice I know I can get this car down to 13.2.

I'm not going to be happy until it's in the 12's, but I won't be able to do that because I have a new project under my belt that I want to get done before the drag season starts. so does anyone know anything about Fieros and 3800 SC series II swaps? lol.
Is that one of those dash mounted things? It records all your data for you? I've been wanting to get one.

Dude, your car can easily get into the 12's as is. I'm seriously not trying to be disrespectful in any way, buy it's all about the driver. You do have some intake and exhaust, no? If not, you'll get to that 13.2 easy...with the intake, exhaust, a good launch, let some of the air out of the rear tires (no less than 20 psi), and power shifting, 12's are no problem. There's nothing like seeing that first time slip that's in the 12's, that's for sure!

Here's what I mean about it being the driver:
I had all my mods done and ran a best of 12.90 in the 1/4 mile. It usually hung around 12.95 to 13.10. I just couldn't get below that freaking 12.9! Then, when Super Chevy came into town, I was pitted up against the areas best driver. I would always lose to her every Wed night at the local drag meets. I was freakin livid because all the money I put in to enter this competition was being thrown out the door on the first race against the "home town hero". Pull up, Stage, Green Light, GO!!! I have no clue what happened that day (actually, I do), but I stayed ahead of her all the way down the track. I dialed in a 12.90. Guess what? We both broke out. :eek: I ran my best that day of 12.74 and have the time slip to prove it sitting in the picture of my Z28 in the garage. It was all in the launch, sticky street tires, and smooth shifting. I never thought I'd get it below 12.9 w/out further adding to the list of mods. But to get to a 12.74??? :eek: That's why I say it's about the driver. You can hit it, for sure. It'll just take some practice. Make sure you let the air out so you get more traction and launch on some high rpms. If there's anything I missed, someone help me out. Let us know how it goes!!!
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote