View Single Post
Old 04-02-2011, 04:39 PM   #334
Orange Krate
Not just any car!

Drives: Orange Krate DOB - 11/22/2010
Older Brother... Gen 1: Owned by "Larry"

The wife and I made a power run over the hill to the San Fernando Valley lastnight (Friday) and headed down to Northridge to do a cruise through the Bob's Big Boy parking lot to see if anyone was meeting there. Much to my surprise it was packed! I saw a couple of new Gen 5's come and go but they didn't stick around long enough for me to get over and introduce myself. There were lots of old and new iron alike. I did make friends with two gentlemen that had multiple cars in their collection. "Larry" was driving his red 1969 Camaro SS and he parked next to me when he arrived. Larry is a great guy. He goes way back to the early days of cruising (just like me) Van Nuys Blvd in its glory. It was great chatting with him. Larry told me he has 20 cars he maintains. I have a hard enough time with 5! I hope to meet more "Larrys" along the way. Orange Krate is making that possible.

Just before we were leaving I ran into a gentleman who was driving a burgundy metallic 1965 Corvette Stingray custom. It had a Riviera grill and custom wheel flares and tail end. It resembled a Vette prototype but this guy did the work himself, and it was excellent craftsmanship. He too has multiple cars and is currently building a stainless steel T-Bucket. That should be interesting.

One unique sight was a 1964 Superior Cadillac Ambulance. Being an old paramedic who actually worked in a Cadillac ambulance a few times, I find these vehicles to be very fun and nostalgic. The owner of "INFEKTD" has added a few extra charming graphics to it! It was a good night and my wife and I enjoyed getting away for the evening.

Unfortunately I didn't have my good camera with me so I captured these on my Iphone. Next time I will be better prepared.

Attached Images

Orange Krate is offline   Reply With Quote