Thread: SCT vs HPtuner
View Single Post
Old 02-13-2014, 07:23 AM   #8
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 62nalide View Post
Best bet is HP Tuners, this is the only forum where I've seen people use SCT software to tune a GM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino79 View Post
Or EFILive.

I use EFI and HPT. I prefer EFI on the ECM tuning and most Trans setups. On full built trans, I prefer HPT. Those are hands down, the most popular and most powerful Gm suites on the market.

EFILive has a device which is called an Autocal. It allows us to remote tune the vehicle just like you can with SCT, but it can store 5 custom tunes at once, datalog of course, and it can be used to tune MULTIPLE vehicles, all on one device. It is the best product out there currently for remote tuning solutions, and is the most versatile.
Good Morning Gentlemen,

Certainly not here to Argue, I am the Proud Owner of HPTuners since its introduction, SCT since it's introduction, Diablo Since it's introduction, and EFI Live in recent Years.

I also Tune Every aftermarket software that has been on the market or is on the market today.

So I have my Choice of which one I will use on Which Vehicle Platform, Each are Fine Tuning software, Each have they're Strong Points and Weak Points depending on what Vehicle Platform we are talking about.

On the Gen5 Camaro SCT Hands down has More definitions Mapped out accurately which is the reason I use it almost exclusively on this and many other Platforms.

Owning your own hand held SCT Device that can store up to 10 Custom Tunes, and Stores your Factory tune on the device is a huge advantage.

It is also a Powerful Scanner, and Data logger, it does some of GM special Functions Like Case Learn after a Cam Swap or ECM replacement or Engine overhaul.

If you have not taken a good hard look at SCT You Should your missing out.

The Biggest Problem I have it getting customers to Data Log When asked, Those that Do are 100% successful, then there are those who give up and go to the local guy to finish what I started.

Logging is the Key to Success.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote