View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #11
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Although it wasn't put very eloquently, the toughness of soccer players leaves something to be desired compared to sports like rugby, football, or hockey. And there is too much faking of injuries, from the top tiers down to kids leagues. It discourages good hard play when the other team gets a free kick because some little guy fell down after failing to take the ball from you.
Yeah, that faking injuries crap ticks me off about the sport. (Which is part of the reason I don't watch professional soccer) They really need to come up with a better punishment for that. My school was brutal in soccer. It was a kill or be killed league. We didn't really play soccer very well since most of us got a lot of yellow cards, but you know, sometimes they deserved it.

Anybody would admit that soccer isn't as tough as football, rugby, and hockey. I just don't like it when people try to tell me it's the wimpiest sport on earth. Yeah, we got some rotten apples in the leagues, and we have kids that parents treat like babies, but the rest of us did just fine playing football too. And If I had hockey in this stinkin state I would have played that well before I would have ever stepped foot on a soccer field. But, this is Indiana, and all we have is racing. So I was screwed