View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 07:31 PM   #13
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z4me View Post
One of the things I'm worried about during the driving season, is a hail storm that cause some real damage. During the winter, i'll be renting a storage unit and cover it for the duration.

When I ordered my GM ZL1 cover from Becky Rodgers a few weeks ago. We were talking about alot of differant things, of course one of the topices was winter storage of our cars. Since this was all new to me she was very receptive with good advice. One of the things she was thinking of getting was a kinda large zipper like cover which basically you drive over and zip up around the car and the cover thats already on the car. For indoor use this would help reduce dust futher and keep the rodents etc out. I think for the outdoor use this could take hail damage and high winds out of the equation. The real draw back would be if you plan on using the car on a regular basis such a s a daily driver. Whats your thought about this?

http://www.carcapsule.com/

seriously..

I use one for my motorcycle as I can't get it and the cars in the garage..

they cost between $300 and $400 which is about $100-$150 more than you will pay for a GOOD cover, or probably what you paid for your GM ..

no need to wash the car first, will protect against rain, dust, dirt, hail, etc.

it even protected my motorcycle from a stray soccer ball. just bounced off the cover..
Mr. iNCREDIBLE is offline   Reply With Quote