View Single Post
Old 04-23-2013, 11:59 AM   #213
Wizard1183

Drives: ABM SS2/RS M6
Send a message via Yahoo to Wizard1183
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
They may have "pissed off" those who just want to drive around in a status symbol but real racers can't wait to get their hands on this thing. I think it's going to sell out quickly and you WON'T see a glut of them appearing on the used car market a few months after. I think we're witnessing the birth of a new legend.
Here's my question. All these die hard original Z/28 fans that grew knowing what a real Z was/is;when they've died off, you could call it baby boomers as well whatever.. You think this car will still carry its "legendary" status? If you think for one second that these cars will be collectible in the future that "may be" delusional. Notice how many products the baby boomers made hugely collectible and now their prices are beginning to fall like the 1959 les paul, base ball cards, comic books, muscle cars and yea they've dropped in price. Ppl who own them are holding onto to them in hopes the market corrects itself and continues into the stratosphere. That 1970 chevelle SS LS6 #s matching won't be worth the $120k in 20 yrs as it is today. Prices will fall as collectibles are fixated on the now and not tomorrow. Look at society and tell me ppl dont want shit yesterday and could careless about waiting 30-40yrs. Instant gratification rules the U.S. and it won't stop. If its a popular product today doesn't mean it'll be popular tomorrow. iPhone is a prime example. Legend? Maybe now but don't count on it holding water in a decade plus.

Life is short, drive it like you stole it!
Wizard1183 is online now   Reply With Quote