View Single Post
Old 08-06-2009, 10:56 AM   #16
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgolfr212 View Post
A friend of my dad is a very high end business guy (owns the packeging company that does the packaging for dominion sugar) and is quite the car col590lecter. He purchased a SRT8 challenger with an auto when they first came out. He called us up the other day and said that we need to drive his "camaro eater".

He had a procharger installed with intercooler, corsa exhaust, headers etc. He said it had close to 590whp. I thought it would be hell on wheels but in all reality the auto transmission absolutely kills the car. Yeah its fun hearing the supercharger but when you punch it it feels sort of like its being held back. I took it from 0-110 and it really did not feel any quicker than the camaro. I donno if he was embellishing a little bit on the HP numbers but I was not impressed.

It was kid of cool though because it had significantly more torque ( when you floored it the front end lifted pretty good so you could hardly see the road!).

The SRT8 is a cool guy primarilly due to the styling aspect of it. The seats are also extremely comfy and hold you in nice, but the dash and console kill the interior IMO.

Anyway I know some people are going to call BS because of a lack of pics and no video but i'll try to get some pictures up later if I still have them on my phone.

BTW, he is the part owner of Alexandria of Chevy in Alexandria VA. I went in there to get some touch up paint and they had this sweet looking red ss/rs with white stripes. I asked who the lucky owner was that hadnt picked up their car and they said it belonged to the owner. I asked if the guys name was my dads friend and sure enough, its the same guy. Apparently 590whp challenger isnt enough to keep the guy from ordering a camaro!!!!
Yeah like everyone else said, sounds like it's not tuned for the SC. Also I doubt it is that the SRT-8 isn't enough, I know if I have the cash I'd have an SS for the twisties, an SRT8 for roadtrips, and a Ford Raptor pickup with the 5.2 V9 for just tearing it up offroad LOL.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote