View Single Post
Old 03-11-2012, 11:13 AM   #4
TornadoSS
WICKDSS

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IOM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by pistolgripcopo1 View Post
You really doin't need the entire assembly unit. The GM assembly unit is strong enough. Why spend the extry m$$$$.
In my opinion the GM unit may be strong enough, but that is not why I changed mine out to MGW, I could not stand the soft squishy rubber shift feeling of the stock shifter base. Not to mention the weak centering spring that does nothing to help get faster 2-3 shifts. The only reason GM made it that way was to accommodate the general car buying public and keep the shifter quiet. Changing out just the stick is not going to change that feeling, it will shorten the throw, but not the squishy shift feeling. I like a nice solid shift. Not being harsh here just giving my 2 cents.
TornadoSS is offline   Reply With Quote