View Single Post
Old 04-20-2013, 02:13 PM   #13
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPopa71 View Post
I have a 2011 1LT RS my performance mods are only exhaust and cold air intake. The other mods are in the wheels, system and short throw shifter and some of the 2LT options like gauge pack and stuff like that. I only drive my car on weekends but its my only ride. I'm actually happy with the current speed. Bit I wouldn't mind having SS power. I haven't put my headers on because I know I will need a tune and figured I would wait until I decided on a supercharger. I'm not looking for 600 hp. But I would love if my car ran in the 12's.
It sounds like you might be happy just throwing in the supercharger then. Reason I say this is because if you've spent that much on a system and such, it'd probably be a pain to return everything back to stock because it must be a pretty involved system. Also, you say you're pretty happy with your current speed. Well then a supercharger will be enough to get you to SS power levels while keeping everything you currently have.

To make your car run 12s, you'll probably need the supercharger, add the headers, and some really good drag radials or slicks. Don't know if you want to go all out and get the stickier tires but I think you might be able to either run real low 13s or high 12s on that combination. A member already ran a 12 with just the IPF supercharger and on stock wheels and tires. So you should be pretty close with drag radials after you get the hang of your launch.

But take into account that's about the farthest you'll be able to push the car and still have near stock reliability. Any more and you're better off trading for a v8

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote