View Single Post
Old 08-06-2007, 02:35 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
To answer your question...

At the time (about two months ago or so) Scott said that even though things weren't set in stone, the designers couldn't figure out how to make the rear window roll down and make it look like there was no b-pillar. The final answer is there MUST be a b-pillar. This is the pillar between the front and rear window.

The concept is just that...a concept. This means they can do anything they want with it. The front windows roll down. This leaves a rear window w/ a rubber edge. The continuous rolling down of the rear window at events and car shows took a quick toll on that rear rubber guard. It was pretty worn down.

Now...GM must get a 5 star crash test rating on this vehicle. In order to do this, they either have to super reinforce the roof (which adds a ton of weight and adds to cost) or just toss in a b-pillar which is secured to the roof and bottom of the window opening. The consensus at that time, was the coupe was getting a non-moveable b-pillar. This pillar will be "hidden" behind the rear quarter glass and will have a "smoked glass" covering the pillar.

No. The production coupes rear quarter window will, at about a 99% accurracy, not roll down. I know...it sucks big time. The verts will roll down due to the much more relaxed restrictions verts are held to. So, I hope this answers your question. Of course, no 100% guaranteed info yet, but I do believe this is how it's going to be.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote