View Single Post
Old 01-09-2009, 01:59 PM   #105
JJ#48Racing

Drives: 1998 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
They rather pay that guy with a bigger name, than from the actually community. Im not hard to find. Im on and mentioned in all three major 5th gen forums.

As for the design:

-Stock bumper but with my ZR1 styled front splitter idea
-Stock side skirts, but with ZR1 styled carbon fiber piece attached
-Hood with LS9 window idea that I used
-Uses the paint scheme from the GT500KR production concept
-Used the brake idea and ZR1 wheels like I did
-Looks like a cheap black powercoated billet grille design that every Tom, Dick, and Harry that prolly will have on ebay in eight months

Sometimes I wonder if the people that make that money that I wish I chance to earn, actually think up there own stuff.

With as much as someone was to pay for this car, Henny could at least bother to change the urethane parts out for custom piece like I thought up.
I made a one-off design and THEN used ZR1 bits to finish it off. They just used ZR1 bits to make it. This actually pisses me off in my book.

Not to sound arrogant, but I really think Hennessey stole my designs from my Z28 concept that spread across the internet a few month ago. I wish I could do something about it.

My design wouldnt be hard to find even if Hennessey didnt look on the forums. The blogs and its pops up on the first page of a Google search.

Then they prolly got a photoshop artist on staff to rendering the one they have.

to Compare:

Please don't take offense to this, but I think almost anyone that was wanting to design a ZR1 inspired Camaro would have come up with almost the same design as you did. The LS9, hood window, splitter, side skirts, brakes, and wheels are all easy to add to the Camaro and are visually distictive to the ZR1. It's only natural to use them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Design1stCode2nd View Post
Sounds cool and all but I'm shoping Aston Martin at that price point. Not that I'll ever be at that price point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 96CAMaro View Post
I would either go for a $109K ZR1 or a $109K Porsche. Can't go wrong either way.
Most buyers of this type of niche car probably already have other high-end sports cars. I doubt many would throw all thier play money into one Camaro. But if I could only have one sports car and wanted to spend $109K, I agree that it'd go towards a ZR1.
JJ#48Racing is offline   Reply With Quote